Digital security is fed by the constant change and transformation of companies, since in a digitized and technological environment it is important to be aware of all those vulnerabilities and malicious attacks present in the network to which we are daily connected, to create mechanisms that allow us to be safe.
What is IT security?
According to the Netec article, computer security is a process of circumventing and tracking down unauthorized use of a computer system in order to protect the integrity and privacy of all of a company’s stored information.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, asserts that «Our daily lives, economy and national security depend on a stable cyberspace.»
How is IT security made up?
- Security measures such as antivirus software programs, firewalls, and others)
- Disabling certain software functions.
Main areas of computer security
- Authentication: you are communicating with the people you think you are communicating with. Security first.
- Availability: data must be available to users when needed.
- Integrity: authorized users must be able to modify data when necessary.
- Confidentiality: only authorized users can access our resources, data and information.
In the following article, we will tell you what are the types of hackers and some statistical data that will make you not hesitate for a second to strengthen the security of your company. Soon it will be available!